Amazon Promotions

Friday, July 2, 2010

Hokkaido Fair Is At Tampines Mall (2nd - 11th July 2010)


Isetan Tampines is having the Summer Hokkaido Fair again! 

Details:  2nd - 11th July 2010
Venue :  Tampinese Mall (Singapore) Atrium and 2nd Level

  My family and I really like Japanese food, so when Isetan (Singapore) has their Japanese fair, I will always try to make my way down to take a look.  Looking at the food alone makes me a very happy person, so my husband is always willing to oblige.  I don't actually buy a lot at the fair, only the things I will cook or eat, though I am always tempted to buy, if I don't I will definitely end up spending a lot.

  These are some of the stuff I bought at the fair today:



Japanese Dango Rice Cakes:

I love Japanese Rice cakes, either as sweets (dessert) or the ones lightly grilled and cooked in savory soups.  The ones in the fair are mainly for snacking.  I got the flavours which I like which are, the black sesame one (left), the green tea one with red bean paste (middle) and the tri-coloured ones with the read bean wrapped inside (right).  The first and the second cost SGD$2.50 each and the tri-coloured ones are SGD$3.50.



Butter Manju

These are sweet Japanese "pancakes" wrapped in sweet paste.  They are my children's favourite.  They come in red bean paste and custard fillings.  There is also a white red bean paste which I have not seen before.  But the white red bean paste is only available on weekdays.  I got 8 custard and 2 red bean paste ones as my children favoured the custard ones, though my husband wished there were also chestnut fillings ones which were not seen at the fair.  (Price: One for $1.30 and 10 for $12)



Crunchy and Sweet Kombu Crackers with Seasame Seed:

I am not a person who much on snacks the whole day, but I always like seaweed and sesame, so found this interesting.  I like the taste of this snack as it is crunchy and sweet and has a strong tinge of sesame, and anyway kombu is supposed to be good for health.  There are variety of snacks at this stall, mostly cuttlefish and squid which comes in a variety of flavour.  The snacks cost $10 each, getting 5 will entitle you to one more pack that is free.

I only got 2 - this and the dried wakame below.







Dried Wakame:

I always have wakame in my kitchen as I use it alot.  I add it to miso soup, instant noodles (it is instant fibre for my children!) and also I love to pickle wakame and cucumber which goes very well with white rice or even as an appetizer for a meal. 

I tend to favour the Japanese ones over the Korean ones as I find the taste more refined and less fishy.  I usually get a small pack at the supermarket for about $7.80, so when there is a Japanese fair at Isetan, I will make it a point to stock up as it costs significantly less.  This pack is 100g for $10.






You get the promotional brochure at : http://www.tampinesmall.com.sg/promo/2010/JUL/Hokkaido.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment