Amazon Promotions

Friday, July 2, 2010

Life is So much Better with My Saeco Coffee Machine

  I was not a coffee drinker till I hit about 16 years of age.  However, I did not quite like coffee as I found that I would have an extremely bloated feeling and would be nauseous after drinking coffee.  So I still stuck on to the good old tea.

  However, starting work, getting married and after having children, I found myself keeping more and more late nights and tea was no longer strong enough and I switched to coffee though I only took it (like taking medication) only when I was absolutely necessary.

  The real turning point was when I visited my brother-in-law in Australia.  My husband was brewing coffee on the expresso machine everyday - that really hooked me on to coffee.  In fact, for that trip, we went back to Singapore with an expresso machine from Sunbeam.  After we came back, I enjoyed the experience of drinking coffee from the expresso machine, though we didn't do it daily as there was too much washing up to do and the normal electric coffee machine (drip models) was still more convenient. (And I found out what was wrong, I just simply could not take instant coffee or 3-in-1.  Taking brewed coffee did not give me any nausea feeling.)

  Last year (in June) while shopping, we saw that the whole range of Saeco fully automated expresso machine was on sale at SGD$700+.  After much discussion, we decided to buy it. I definitely did not regret the decision.  It is now so convenient to make coffee in the morning and at a fraction of the price at even the coffee from the coffee shop.  All I do now every morning, after waking up, is to just go to the coffee machine, warm it up and then press twice on the cup button (once, we found the setting both my husband and I like, we never changed it.), then hop into the bathroom brush my teeth and wash my face.  The coffee would then be ready and for me to add in milk for drinking.  The crema of the coffee is always great - I guess also because of the coffee

  There is a milk frother that comes with the machine, but I hardly use that on weekdays as I am always in a rush in the morning and do want to spend time cleaning it.  My son loves it though, he will get daddy to froth the milk on weekends to make his favourite hot "dinosaur milo" (a local hot chocolate with heaps of powdered malt chocolate).

  Maintenance is relatively easily and the machine will insist that you maintain it.  (The delivery man was also very professional, teaching us step-by-step, how to maintain the machine, brew coffee, make cappucino etc.)

  The size is just right for the two of us, though you need to empty the "waste bin" and top up the water quite frequently, which we don't really mind.   I really cannot imagine my life without my Saeco Machine now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, this was helpful. Was thinking of getting one myself.

    ReplyDelete