Amazon Promotions

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crocodile Soup


(Serves about 4)
Time for preparation : 10 min
Time for cooking : At least 4 hours in a slow cooker. An hour when boiled and simmered. (I usually use a slow cooker as I can put it in the morning, go to work and then come back to drink the soup after work.)

My respiratory system is a little weak and as a teacher, I have to project my voice everyday. Hence, I always dread it when I have flu, as my wheezing will act up. My son takes after me and occasionally have wheezing problems when he is down with flu. The crocodile soup is said to be good for asthma and bronchitis so I bought the ingredients to make the soup today. This is the second time he is having and I am not sure if it works, but crocodile soup can be used for strengthening the immunity as well so I guess there is no harm. Okay....down to the ingredients and the steps:


You will first need a packet of herbs for crocodile soup and crocodile meat+bone. I got them at Cold Storage at Sixth Avenue. The cost of the herbs are $3.00 and the bone is sold by kilogram and cost $36.00 / kg. I got a pack for about $9.
The herbs are washed well, you may use a sieve and they are placed together in a slow cooker crockpot.
I added in about 6 bowls of water (small rice bowl) approximately 1200 ml as I was going to leave the crockpot on for almost half a day and drink the soup only in the evening.
The crockpot is then put in the slowcooker and cooked under auto setting.(Under the auto setting, the heater is set to hight for an hour and gets set to low)

Yap....and the soup is ready for drinking in the evening.....just use a sieve to filter the herbs. Add in salt according to your taste before drinking. I use sea salt....which is meant for another article.....


No comments:

Post a Comment